How To Make Felt Slippers
Film Update: Sorry about the film not being available but I had to remove it from the website it was being hosted on because it linked to my business. I have been having problems getting it back online so please be patient. I have had a lot of emails letting me know that the video is not working and I will put it back up as soon as I can. Thank you.
I recently taught Sue how to make a pair of felt slippers from merino wool and hand spun silk. Sue filmed the making of the slippers in order to watch the process again for her own slipper making fun. She very kindly made me a copy of the film so that I could share it with other slipper making enthusiasts!
Here is the video and a list of equipment you will need if you want to make a pair of slippers.
- Merino Wool – around 200g and other fibres for decoration
- Bubblewrap – you will need three pieces – 50cm x 50cm
- Paper and Pen
- Warm water and a bottle or plant spray – you can buy the spray bulbs seen in the film from http://www.winghamwoolwork.co.uk for around £8
- Washing up liquid, Olive Soap or soap flakes – I use Ecover washing up liquid which I find easier to use
- Sink, bowl, draining board, washboard (the washboard in the video has made the felting so much quicker. This one that Sue has is from http://www.carbolicsoap.com and I thoroughly recommend it)
If you want to send me a photo of your slippers that you have made I’ll add them below!